33rd Annual Swim With Mike USC
Date: April 13, 2013
Place: McDonald’s Swim Stadium
Bring your family and friends to SWM’s flagship event at the University of Southern California. The main ceremony and presentation begin at 11 AM. Admission and parking are free. Here’s a preview of some of the special events and attractions that occur alongside the swimming. Exact times and details are subject to change.
- Silent auction and raffle
- “Treasure Chest” merchandise area
- Barbecue (opens at noon)- $15 per person or free for participants who raise $50 or more
- Live entertainment from the Coveralls, USC Trojan Marching Band, World Famous USC Song Girls, Trojan Dance Force, and more
- Celebrity and special guest appearances
- Song Girl/student-athlete relay race, including football, water polo and more
- Kid’s Corner
- Dive Show and Belly Flop Contest
- Massage tent
- Participant Incentives- Raise $50 for a mini goodie bag & barbecue ticket. Incentives for levels above $100 include items such as: t-shirt, goodie bag, sweatshirts, collector’s mug, beach towel and more.
- Masters and Olympian Swim Clinics and Workouts- (various sessions throughout event) Minimum donation and other eligibility requirements must be met for participation. Various coaches and clinicians include Peter Daland, Dave Salo, Steven Munatones, Janet Evans, the USC Swim Team and the Trojan Swim Club, which has members such as Olympic Gold Medalists Rebecca Soni, Ous Mellouli, Sippy Woodhead, Kosuki Kitajima and world record holder Jessica Hardy.
Song Girl/Student-Athlete Relay Races- TBA – See student athletes from football, water polo and more support Swim With Mike as they push inner tube’d Song Girls across the water. Also check out “Swim Lacrosse the Pool,” where the Lacrosse team will race using their equipment as paddles.
Pool Deck Performances- starting at 10:30 AM- See Trojan favorites perform such as the USC “Spirit of Troy” Trojan Marching Band, World Famous USC Song Girls, and Trojan Dance Force. Cheer on the USC Spirit Leaders as they finish up swimming thousands of laps in the annual Yell Leader Challenge. Also, you might catch USC mascot Traveler on neighboring Howard Jones Field throughout the day.
Silent Auction- Don’t miss your chance to bid on many USC and USC athletic-related items–including autographed memorabilia from Trojan greats, past and present! Full list of items coming soon.
See you there, Trojans! Fight On!